Chemical peels exfoliate dead skin cells from the top layer of the skin. During a chemical peel procedure lasting up to 30-60 minutes, a chemical solution is placed on the skin by a professional. The exfoliation process can last anywhere from 3-7 days after application of the peel during which dead skin cells shed to reveal fresh, new skin.
There are many benefits of receiving a chemical peel, many which you can see just after one treatment.
- Improved color, clarity, tone and texture of skin
- Stimulation of new collagen and skin cell growth
- Reduction in discoloration and the appearance of scars reduction
- Smoothed appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Increased hydration to the skin
- Improved appearance of skin imperfections and breakouts
For long-term results, it’s suggested that you have a series of 3+ chemical peel treatments, spaced out every 4 to 6 weeks. This will allow for the benefits to treat deeper layers of your skin and increase skin cell turnover. Skincare regimens can prolong the results as well and are highly recommended.
To find which chemical peel and skincare regimen is right for you, your skin, and your desired results, consult with your clinical aesthetician or skincare professional.